The Press Club of Toledo awards the Bernard F. Judy Scholarship annually to students from The University of Toledo and Bowling Green State University who epitomize the service and dedication to the profession of journalism.
Bernard Judy was a career journalist at The Blade, beginning in 1948 and served in many positions including general assignment reporting, editorial writing, associate editor, editorial director, editor and finally editor in chief before retiring in 1989.
Bernard Judy was also a board member and founder of the Toledo Press Club.
Qualifications for the scholarship include:
- From Northwest Ohio or Southeast Michigan
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- A journalism, communications or related major
- Involved as journalist with campus media and/or local professional journalism organizations
- Desire to focus your career in journalism